A Direct Cremations is proud to offer cremations at no cost to qualifying donors and their families. Unlike with whole body donation or other programs, your loved one will be cremated locally on the same schedule imposed by law for all cremations occurring in Florida. Once the decision has been made to donate, you can rest assured that once your loved one is brought into our care center, he or she will remain here until the cremation occurs. This is very different than with whole body donations wherein your loved one’s remains may be shipped across the state or even the country. At A Direct Cremations your loved one will be cared for with the utmost dignity and respect throughout the entire process.
For many years tissue donation has benefited millions of people across the globe by improving medical conditions and enhancing the quality of life. Tissue donation is life enhancing and lifesaving. One person’s gift is a miracle for many and may enable those who would not live a normal life to have a second chance.
As many as 100 people can be helped by a single donor.
- Heart valves may help save the life of three children
- Vision may be restored
- Burn victims may fight infection and pain
- A disfigured person may regain self-esteem
- Disabled persons may walk again
Just like with organ donation or whole-body donation, certain criteria must be met to ensure the FDA guidelines are followed. Some determining factors that may preclude a person to donate may include:
- Cancer within the last five years
- Diagnosis of dementia
- High risk behavior
Register today to receive your consent, cremation authorization and vital statistics forms.
Included with Donation Approval:
- Basic Professional Service
- Removal and Transportation to Crematory within 50 miles of A Direct Cremations location
- Alternative Cremation Container
- Refrigeration (Alternative To Embalming)
- Cash Advance Items (Death Certificates, Medical Examiner Fees)
- Cremation Jewelry and Keepsakes